Feb 24, 2024
Requirements: 15 semester hours composed of 12 semester hours of required entrepreneurship courses, and 3 semester hours of electives, selected from an approved list.
Policy: Several areas in the School of Arts and Sciences, the School of Business Administration and the School of Education, Health Professions & Human Development offer minors. Students may earn a minor by satisfying the following requirements:
- Students must complete a minimum of 15 semester hours of work in the minor field. Some minors may include additional coursework, not to exceed 21 semester hours.
- Students must complete any prerequisites required by the program offering the minor.
- At least 12 semester hours must be upper division courses, although individual minors may require more hours at the upper level.
- At least nine of the 12 upper division hours must be taken with UHV.
- Students must earn a 2.00 minimum cumulative grade point average on courses attempted in the minor. The minor field must be different from the plan.
- No credit hours may be used to satisfy both plan and minor requirements.
- Math majors choosing to minor in digital gaming may not use minor coursework within major.
- Students must complete all coursework required for a minor in addition to all courses for the degree prior to graduation.
Minors are not available for students in the Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences degree or in any undergraduate program leading to secondary school certification. Students should inform their academic advisors or the degree plan counselor when they begin their degree plan that they plan to complete a minor so that appropriate coursework can be completed.
General Information for Minors:
- None of the courses listed above nor a field experience course may be substituted to a minor program.
- A student must complete all course work required for the minor in addition to all course work required for the degree prior to graduation.
- All minor programs in the School of Business Administration require at least 9 hours upper-level coursework in residence at UHV.
- Students have to keep in mind that in some instances courses listed as requirements or options for the minor program may have prerequisites that are not listed as part of the program. Prerequisites will not be waived.
- Courses must be unique to each concentration and minor. No course overlap is permitted across the requirements for plan, concentration, or minor.
- Students pursuing an academic concentration in economics, entrepreneurship, healthcare administration, human resources management, international business, or supply chain management MAY NOT also select a minor from one of those areas, due to THECB restrictions.
Academic Minor Requirements 15 hrs
The four required courses are:
3 semester hours selected from any upper-division business elective (ACCT, ECON, ENTR, FINC, HCAD, MGMT, MKTG).