Feb 24, 2024
Policy: Several areas in the School of Arts and Sciences, the School of Business Administration and the School of Education, Health Professions & Human Development offer minors. Students may earn a minor by satisfying the following requirements:
- Students must complete a minimum of 15 semester hours of work in the minor field. Some minors may include additional coursework, not to exceed 21 semester hours.
- Students must complete any prerequisites required by the program offering the minor.
- At least 12 semester hours must be upper division courses, although individual minors may require more hours at the upper level.
- At least nine of the 12 upper division hours must be taken with UHV.
- Students must earn a 2.00 minimum cumulative grade point average on courses attempted in the minor. The minor field must be different from the plan.
- No credit hours may be used to satisfy both plan and minor requirements.
- Math majors choosing to minor in digital gaming may not use minor coursework within major.
- Students must complete all coursework required for a minor in addition to all courses for the degree prior to graduation.
Minors are not available for students in the Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences degree or in any undergraduate program leading to secondary school certification. Students should inform their academic advisors or the degree plan counselor when they begin their degree plan that they plan to complete a minor so that appropriate coursework can be completed.
Academic Minor Requirements: 21 hrs.
6 hours *
3 hours of C/C++ and 3 hours selected from Advanced C/C++, Pascal, Ada, Java, or FORTRAN (Advanced C/C++ highly recommended)
3 hours in an upper-level COSC course excluding: