Dec 09, 2023  
2020-2021 Academic Catalog 
2020-2021 Academic Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Digital Gaming Minor

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: School of Arts and Sciences

Academic Minor Requirements: 21 hrs.

Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, and Math majors choosing to minor in digital gaming require 18 hrs.

Required Lower Division:

(Not included in minor requirements for Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Math majors as it is a major requirement).

3 hours of the following course or equivalent knowledge in an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#.

Elective Upper Division GAME courses:

6 hours

Elective Lower/Upper Division GAME courses:

3 hours

Academic Minors

Policy: Several areas in the School of Arts and Sciences, the School of Business Administration and the School of Education, Health Professions & Human Development offer minors. Students may earn a minor by satisfying the following requirements:

  • Students must complete a minimum of 15 semester hours of work in the minor field. Some minors may include additional coursework, not to exceed 21 semester hours.
  • Students must complete any prerequisites required by the program offering the minor.
  • At least 12 semester hours must be upper division courses, although individual minors may require more hours at the upper level.
  • At least nine of the 12 upper division hours must be taken with UHV.
  • Students must earn a 2.00 minimum cumulative grade point average on courses attempted in the minor. The minor field must be different from the plan.
  • No credit hours may be used to satisfy both plan and minor requirements.
  • Math majors choosing to minor in digital gaming may not use minor coursework within major.
  • Students must complete all coursework required for a minor in addition to all courses for the degree prior to graduation.

Minors are not available for students in the Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences degree or in any undergraduate program leading to secondary school certification. Students should inform their academic advisors or the degree plan counselor when they begin their degree plan that they plan to complete a minor so that appropriate coursework can be completed.

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: School of Arts and Sciences