May 18, 2024  
2022-2023 Academic Catalog 
2022-2023 Academic Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Post-Baccalaureate Student Admission

Admissions/Other Requirements:

To be eligible for admission under the post-baccalaureate classification in the undergraduate career, a student must have at least a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution but not be enrolled in a graduate program.

Non-Degree seeking students are those who are seeking admission for reasons other than the pursuit of a degree such as personal enrichment, graduate certificates or job enhancement. Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for financial aid. Should you decide to pursue a degree, you must reapply, pay the application fee and submit all of the required documents. Credit earned in non-degree status will not automatically be applicable to a specific academic degree program. Applicants who are non-degree seeking must submit official transcripts for the highest degree earned and the last institution attended.

Post-baccalaureate students may not register for graduate courses unless admitted as a graduate student and are required to take leveling/pre-requisite courses. Post-baccalaureate students intending to take any graduate courses should apply for graduate admission through GoApplyTexas.

If the student does not enroll for the term indicated on the original application, the student must submit an Update to Admissions Application to the next consecutive term. This form is located on the UHV website under Admissions forms. 

What to Submit:

  1. A completed application for post-baccalaureate admission. Visit the UHV website and click on “Apply”.  A $25.00 non-refundable application fee will be required.
  2. An official transcript showing the completion of the student’s most recent degree must be sent directly to UH-Victoria from the institution conferring that degree.  If the student is a UHV graduate there is no need to provide an official transcript, however the alumnus must inform Admissions so they can note their checklist accordingly.
  3. A post-baccalaureate student seeking another undergraduate degree or teacher certification is required to submit transcripts from all former institutions attended.